HOW WE ARE DEALING WITH COVID 19
Corona virus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).The disease was first identified in 2019 in Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province in central China, and has since spread globally, resulting in the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic. Common symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Muscle pain, sputum production, diarrhea, and sore throat are less common. While the majority of cases result in mild symptoms, some progress to severe pneumonia and multi-organ failure. As of 20 March 2020, the rate of deaths per number of diagnosed cases is 4.1 percent; however, it ranges from 0.2 percent to 15 percent, according to age group and other health problems.
At Omni – Blu, we have set up precautionary measures to protect our staff and clients.
Sensitization and Awareness Plan.
Ensure staff is aware of the basic protective measure against the new coronavirus, which are;
• All offices issued with sanitizers and masks
• Frequent washing of hands
• Avoid touching of eyes, nose and mouth
• Practice respiratory hygiene by coughing into your elbow or in a toilet roll which should be disposed in a covered bin.
• Practice social distancing.
• Get informed on the virus from reliable source hence we regularly check sites like ncdcgov.
• Lastly do not panic.
In addition, anyone with symptoms of cough and flu should not be allowed in the office and should call Lagos State hotline to get tested. Hotline number is 08000CORONA
Since the FGN is yet to shutdown businesses, our safety team has come up with recommendations which are being adhered to in the workplace which include limiting the number of staff working on a daily basis.